How to Build a Profitable Music Career from Scratch
What would you get if you combined Marketing 101 and Business 101 into a quick and easy to digest video course? You get "How to Build a Profitable Music Career from Scratch" — the introductory training made specifically for independent musicians who need an overview of this complex industry FAST. This value-packed training is designed to be a university class worth of information that you can tackle in a single weekend. If you are starting from zero, this is the perfect place to begin!Learn More
Get instant access today! Take the class fully online.
One Week or Weekend
High impact lessons designed to fit within your busy lifestyle.
THIS CLASS IS FOR
All Artists & Genres
No matter your situation this class will level you up!
What do you learn from managing the careers of dozens of independent artists and getting them a collective 1M minutes streamed on Spotify?
But most artists wouldn't even know how to transfer that temporary attention into a sustainable music career even if all those streams just fell into your lap.
Just think about it for a second. If tomorrow you were given a shout-out by Post Malone himself, would you have the business structures and the marketing knowledge to turn that exposure into a lasting career?
Or think about this... if your music was used in the next Apple commercial, do you have your songs properly registered so that you can collect the thousands that would be owed to you?
I know that these exercises are silly, but they prove an important point. Today with the internet, a single viral video can thrust an artist into a situation they are completely unprepared for—or worse—taken advantage of by greedy labels wanting to cash in at your expense.
I want you to be prepared.
There is nothing worse than finding success, only to realize that you weren't ready.
My goal in this training is to prepare your foundation for anything that might happen in your musical future so you can embrace future opportunities with confidence and never wonder "is my music protected."
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn inside:
▶︎ Why the Music Industry Is Hard and How to Make It Easier
▶︎ Myths of the Music Industry That Are Holding You Back
▶︎ What Is the "New" Music Industry and the Difference Between the "Old" and the "New"
▶︎ Why Independent Artists Need to Become Their Own Record Labels Right Away
▶︎ How to Develop a Talent Stack That Makes You Irresistible to Fans
▶︎ How to Set up an Active/Passive Music Income Strategy
▶︎ Harnessing Something That I Call the Economy of Attention to Earn a Music Income
▶︎ Why Audience Growth Should Be Your #1 Concern and NOT Social Media Numbers
▶︎ Setting Up Your Online Platforms to Get Fans to Visit You Over and Over Again Online
▶︎ The Right Platforms for Growing and Audience, and Which Platforms Are a Waste of Time
▶︎ The Biggest Mistake I See on Most Artist's Websites and How to Fix It
▶︎ The 5 Word Phrase That Is on Every Website That Is Turning Away Fans by the Truckload
▶︎ Why the "Traditional" View of How to Make Money in the Music Business Is Going to Leave You Broke
▶︎ The Different Types of Music Copyright that Actually Generate Completely Different Types of Royalties
▶︎ How to Get Paid Through Distribution/Record Deals and the Correct Percentages You Might Come Across
▶︎ Royalty Distribution: Independent Artist vs. Signed Artist and Why You Definitely Don't Want to Be the Signed Artist!
▶︎ The Types of Royalties You Can Expect from Different Types of Music Success
▶︎ Why You Should Not Count Streaming As A Source of Income
▶︎ Everywhere You Need to Sign up to Be a Legit Artist and Not Lose Your Hard-Earned Money
▶︎ Why Owning Your Fanbase Is Just as Important as Maintaining Ownership of Your Music
▶︎ How to Retain Ownership of Your Music and Why Record Deals Are Not What You Think
▶︎ How to Monetize Your Audience First, and Then Monetize Your Music Second
▶︎ My Top 5 Ways to Earn Money From Your Fanbase That All Have One Extremely Critical Thing in Common
I’m sure by now you can see how valuable a program like this can be. You might be wondering, how much will this cost me? Well, you'll be glad to hear that I've priced this course as low as I possibly could!
When you sign up today, you’ll be fully enrolled in the entire Profitable Music Career training for one payment of $97. All you have to do is hit the Enroll Now button below to get all of this right now. I hope to see you inside!
Here's what's Included Inside: Profitable Music Career
- Why the Music Industry Is Hard and How to Make It Easier
- Common Myths of the Music Industry That Are Holding You Back
- What Is the "New" Music Industry and the Difference Between the "Old" and the "New"
- Why Independent Artists Need to Become Their Own Record Labels Right Away
- How to Develop a Talent Stack That Makes You Irresistible to Fans
- How to Set up an Active/Passive Music Income Strategy
- Harnessing Something That I Call the Economy of Attention to Earn a Music Income
- A Skyscraper Overview of What Artists Need to Do to Succeed in the "New" Music Industry
- My 3 Step Business Plan for Audience Growth, Music Monetization and Music Management
- Understanding the Concept of a "Fan Journey" and Why Every Artist Needs One in Their Music Career
- Why Audience Growth Should Be Your #1 Concern and Not Making Music
- Long-Term Growth Tools That Automate Your Music Career and Make Fans Fall in Love with You on Autopilot
- How to Get Fans to Visit You over and over Again Online
- What Platforms Are the Right Ones for Growing and Audience, and Which Platforms Are a Waste of Time
- How to Speak to Your Audience Correctly Depending on the Stage They Are on in Your "Fan Journey"
- What Type of Content Do You Need to Post to Attract Brand-New "Cold" Fans
- What Type of Website You Need for Your Music and How to Build It Properly
- The Biggest Mistake I See on Most Artist's Websites and How to Fix It
- How to Grow Your Mailing List and the Tools I Recommend to Attract New Subscribers
- How Paid Advertising and Social Media Ads Fit Within Your Overall Marketing Strategy, and When Not to Use It
- The 5 Word Phrase That Is on Every Website That Is Turning Away Fans by the Truckload
- Why the "Traditional" View of How to Make Money in the Music Business Is Going to Leave You Broke
- The Different Types of Music Copyright that Actually Generate Completely Different Types of Royalties
- How to Get Paid Through Distribution Deals and the Correct Percentage Ranges You Might Come Across
- Royalty Distribution: Independent Artist vs. Signed Artist and Why You Definitely Don't Want to Be the Signed Artist!
- The Types of Royalties You Can Expect from Different Types of Music Success
- Why You Should Not Count Streaming As A Source of Income
- Everywhere You Need to Sign up to Be a Legit Artist and Not Lose Your Hard-Earned Money
- Why Owning Your Fanbase Is Just as Important as Maintaining Ownership of Your Music
- How to Retain Ownership of Your Music and Why Record Deals Are Not What You Think
- Hot Take: Monetize Your Audience First, and Then Monetize Your Music Second
- My Top 5 Ways to Monetize Your Fanbase That All Have One Extremely Critical Thing in Common
- Why Every Artist Needs to Master the Art of "Selling"
- How to Sell Without Being Manipulative or Scammy and Why Your Music Never Simply "Sells Itself"
- What Is the Process of Selling Concert Tickets and Why Do Some Artists Successfully Sell and Others Don't
- How to Build a Fan Family and Sell Merch That They Already Want to Buy from You Before You Make It
- How to Create an Irresistible Offer and My 4 Favorite Offers That You Can Swipe and Use in Your Career Right Away
- How to Create Customers That Are 14X More Likely to Buy Something from You
- What Is "Customer Value" and How to Increase It over Time
- How to Sell Your Access and Create High-Ticket Vip Experiences for Your Super Fans
- My Top 5 Vip Experiences That You Should Be Selling to Your Super Fans at All Times
- Why It Might Be a Good Idea to Incorporate Creating Digital Products in Your Product Line-Up
- How to Make Money Online Without Selling mp3 Downloads and Other Garbage That Nobody Cares About
- I Give You My Top 8 Favorite Digital Product Ideas That You Can Steal from Me
- How to Sell Pro Services to Become the Top 1% of Your Industry
- How to Leverage Your Story to Help Others Along Their Musical Path and Earn Money as a Mentor
This purchase is covered with my "burn the ships" money-back guarantee.
As with all my trainings, this comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.
But it's unlike any guarantee you've probably ever heard of.
Here's the thing about guarantees... it gives you a way to back out from achieving what you want. It allows you to give up too easily on something you want to accomplish.
So if you purchase, go through a couple of trainings and decide to give up, then there is NO GUARANTEE.
There is no way that you did the amount of work needed to achieve your goal. I'm not going to let you give up that easy.
But if you go through the training, do all the work and ON DAY 30, you feel that this was a mistake? You are covered.
I'm doing this because I truly believe it's the best way to ensure you succeed. I know how easy it is to refund something because it's easier than the pain of hard work day after day.
Here's a quick video that I think will change your beliefs about guarantees:
☑️ DO THE WORK and take responsibility for your own success
☑️ Contact [email protected]
☑️ Show me that you've done the work and that you'd like a refund and I'll GLADLY refund you.
I don't want you to ever be unhappy with any purchase you make with us. My team and I will go above and beyond to take care of you. But my first priority is to turn you into the musician you were meant to be.
So all I ask is that you make that guarantee to yourself first, and I'll do everything I can to push you towards your vision of success.
So take action and let's get started right away. Click the button to begin!
P.S. - If you were skimming and just wanted to see what the offer was for, you're getting everything you need to build the marketing and business foundation for your music.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
How long will it take me to finish this training?
Will this teach me how to make money?
Do I need to pay a subscription for this?
I learned a lot on YouTube from you. Is this the same stuff?
Music is just a hobby for me. Do I still need this?
What artists are saying...
✅ Verified Review
“Ever since joining I’ve had a boost in my sales on Bandcamp, I’ve had a boost in my subscribers on YouTube and my followers on Instagram, but most importantly I’ve had a boost in the response to my music. One of the key things that Ryan at the Indie Music Academy keeps driving home is that you need to share your music through storytelling… and now I’ve been spending a lot more proactive time instead of wasting my time… I really recommend it!”
✅ Verified Review"It’s such an oversaturated market today that so many underground artists are struggling to get heard and honestly I was one of those artists. But thanks to Ryan and the Indie Music Academy, thousands of people around the world were able to listen and love my music like I thought that they should, and that would have never happened without the resources at this academy. So if you have any doubt in your mind about whether or not this is the right choice for you…it is."
✅ Verified Review
"Ryan is a brilliant songwriter, musician, and music production guru. Ryan also runs the Indie Music Academy where he has trained thousands of independent musicians (including me) on collecting from the complex network of music industry royalties, setting up a performing rights organization, thinking through the fan journey, and a host of other present-day music industry imperatives. Ryan has been instrumental (is that a pun?) in helping develop my ecosphere of websites, social media, and all the behind-the-scenes technologies needed for music promotion, communication, and effectiveness. Even in the midst of Ryan and his wife re-locating from San Diego, California, to Nashville, Tennessee, Ryan made himself available to help me with a crucial promotional challenge, to assure my successful release."
You are ready for this if you are:
Passionate about your music career and ready to improve drastically.
Done making excuses to your family about when your music is going to really “take off.”
Sick of seeing others in the industry being more successful than you (and less talented).
If you've been wondering why nobody is engaging with you online.
Ready for it to be easier to brand yourself and tell your story.
Willing to go all in on your music the right way.
You know what you need to do to become successful. What are you waiting for?